How you can support the South Dakota Academy of Science:
The South Dakota Academy of Science endeavors to:
- develop interest in science,
- strengthen the bonds of fellowship between scientists, those interested in science, and students of science, to preserve information of scientific value and,
- stimulate research in areas that relate to the natural resources of the state.
The purpose of the Academy is to:
- encourage and promote research and publication in the various scientific disciplines;
- strengthen the teaching of science at all levels;
- provide a forum for the scientific community so that the interpretation and dissemination of scientific information will result in a better public understanding of science.
Examples of what your donation supports:
- Awards for student oral and poster presentations at our annual meeting to encourage participation.
- Awards for the best projects in the Junior Division at local science fairs.
- Honoraria for keynote speakers at our annual meeting.
- Allows SDAOS Fellows to attend our annual meeting free of cost.
- Your donation will keep our meeting registration fees low by helping to subsidize the costs of annual meetings, such as room rental, printing, free lunch, hors d’oeuvres for socials, coffee and drinks.
Donate online: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=SRX5F3TC374YE
Mail contributions to:
Dr. Jeff Palmer, Treasurer, South Dakota Academy of Science
College of Arts and Sciences- Science Center
Dakota State University, 820 N. Washington Ave.
Madison, SD 5704
Membership in the South Dakota Academy of Science also supports our work:
Renew or become a new member